The School Year
Find out the timings of the academic year and school day in Singapore...
All Singaporean State schools (including kindergartens) follow the same school year.
- For details of the school year, term and holiday dates: Click here.
The school year starts on 2 January and consists of four 10-week terms. There is:
- a one-week holiday after the first and third terms (March and September)
- a four-week holiday after the second term (June)
- a six-week break at the end of the year (December)
These are the vacation dates for government schools in Singapore.
Note: Private international schools have different dates for the school vacations; check with the relevant school.
Schools are closed on National Public Holiday days.
Singapore School Holidays
School Holidays 2013
|Semester I: After Term 1||Saturday 16 March - Sunday 24 March|
|Semester I: After Term 2||Saturday 1 June - Sunday 30 June|
|Semester II: After Term 3||Saturday 7 September - Sunday 15 September|
|Semester II: After Term 4||Saturday 16 November - Tuesday 31 December|
|The day after Youth Day||Monday 8 July|
|Teachers’ Day||Friday 6 September|
|Children's Day||Friday 4 October|
- Information from the Ministry of Education (MOE)
SIR, specialists in international and domestic removals, relocation, insurance and storage... Read more...
Leading educational programmes for local and international students studying undergraduate or... Read more...