English-language Media in Singapore
Information about the local and international English-language print and broadcast media that is available in Singapore...
There are many options for those seeking English-speaking radio and television channels, as well as print publications, when living in Singapore.
- MediaCorp is the Singapore Television company, offering a variety of channels in English. A program schedule can be found on the website
- Channel 5 offers viewers round-the-clock English mass entertainment and information programmes
- Channel NewsAsia: An English news channel
- A wide variety of channels are available through StarHub cable TV and mio TV
MediaCorp offers a wide range of English-language radio programmes.
- Class 95 FM: A popular radio station for all ages
- Gold 90.5 FM: Classic hits; voted MediaCorp Radio's favourite English radio station
- Lush 99.5 FM: A sensual, smooth and romantic music radio station
- 938LIVE: Chatty radio station. Programmes range from book reviews to powerful communication tips and strange but true stories
- 987 FM: A favourite of the young and trendy
- BBC World Service 88.9 FM: World news and current events
- Symphony 92.4 FM: Plays popular classics
Radio on the Internet
- A full list of online stations throughout the world can be found on Radio Locator
- Or for a fairly comprehensive list of the many stations available streaming see Mike's Radio World
- Directory of over 13,000 radio stations: Streema Online Radio Stations
Alternatively, select one of the stations below for (relatively) instant access to live radio:
Theatre and Concerts
- Many entertainment events can be booked online, using SISTIC
There are many cinemas in Singapore showing all the latest movies in English. Chinese films usually have English subtitles.
Singapore Press Holdings is the parent company of many English-language newspapers that are also available online.
Popular publications include:
- The Straits Times: comprehensive coverage of home, Asian and world affairs, as well as sports and financial news and a weekly section on. Information Technology. It is the most widely read newspaper in Singapore
- The Sunday Times: the Sunday edition of the Straits Times. Comprehensive news coverage in a livelier and more leisurely format
- The Business Times: news and in-depth articles on local, regional and international business issues
- The New Paper: Singapore's only afternoon tabloid, with extensive sports and entertainment coverage, as well as a less formal take on the news
- The New Paper on Sunday: news features and sport as well as lifestyle sections aimed at all ages and backgrounds
Many international papers can be bought or ordered at one of the many news-stands.
AsiaOne is the interactive media arm of Singapore Press Holdings Ltd.
You can also often read your favourite newspaper online:
- The Belfast Telegraph
- The Daily Express
- The Daily Mail/Mail on Sunday
- The Daily/Sunday Telegraph
- The Financial Times
- The Guardian
- The Independent
- The Mirror
- The Sun
- The Scotsman
- The Times
- And many more, listed here
- The Chicago Sun-Times
- The Los Angeles Times
- The New York Times
- The New York Post
- The San Francisco Chronicle
- The San Francisco Examiner
- The Seattle Times
- USA Today
- The Wall Street Journal
- The Washington Post
- And many more, listed here