Registering with AngloINFO is quick and simple and gives you a lot of additional opportunities to benefit from AngloINFO's many services. It's also completely free of charge.Read More...
Moving to Singapore
Understand the rules and regulations that might affect your move to Singapore…
Legal requirements to visit or stay in Singapore might depend on your nationality, reason for entry, intended duration of stay and even income. This section provides essential information to help you plan your move and guide you through the residency requirements and registration procedures for you, your family and pets. And for when it's time to move on, there's a useful checklist to make sure that all your affairs are in order when you leave Singapore.
Simply read on for more information, or click on the relevant topics listed on the left.
The following is required when coming to live in Singapore:
- Valid passports: often require six months' validity
- Residency permits: see the Information Page on Permanent Residency
- Accommodation: see the Business Directory for Serviced Apartments & Short Term Accommodation
- Renting a property: see the Information Page on Renting a House or Property in Singapore
- Contact a removals firm: see the Business Directory for Movers, Removals & International Relocation
- Contact a relocation agency if required: see the Business Directory for listings on Relocation Support & Concierge Services
- Contact schools if required: see the Business Directory Education & Training for contact information
- Check which inoculations are advisable/required
Getting Connected to Utilities
- See the Information Pages on Setting up a New Household
The Singapore government websites are well organised and provide a great deal of useful information about how the system works. Nearly all interactions with government departments (applications, payments, etc) can be done online, using SingPass.
- For the Singapore Government web portal: Click here
Most people living in Singapore find that it is useful to get a SingPass. This a "personal access password" which allows transactions to be made with various government online services using one common identity and password.
- For more information: Click here
All Singapore citizens, permanent residents, Employment or Dependant's Pass holders and some Work Permit holders may apply for a SingPass.
Online Payments for Government-related charges
The Media Development Authority (MDA) website can be used for payment of tax, domestic worker renewal, new applications for a TV or vehicle radio licence, payment for TV or vehicle radio licences, requests for cancellation of TV or vehicle radio licences, and much more.
Login with SingPass to access most of the e-services on this portal.
The system can be accessed though any home PC, or using the PCs that can be found at any of the eCitizen Helper outlets in Community Centres throughout Singapore.
- For details: Click here
Help with Government Online Systems
The eCitizen web portal offers access, as well as information, help and guidance on using the government's online systems.
- Just browse through the various Categories and Sub-Categories until you find what you want, or try out the powerful search facility.
Take the Hit-and-Miss Factor Out of Sale Shopping, A Cheap Hotel in Singapore...Yes Really, Cake Spade and more
From the blog, What's new: What we rate, love & hate
I am off on summer hols as of June (and away for about a month...how will you manage without me?!) s... Read more
Forex Cross Rates